Marine and waterfront structures are subject to daily tidal fluctuations and/or salt water spray. These conditions lead to rapid deterioration of steel and concrete structures such as seawalls, piles, piers, sheet piles, etc.
FRP Construction installs several patented systems such as PileMedic® for repair of piles and SPiRe® for repair of seawalls and sheet piles. In addition to providing strength, PileMedic® and SPiRe® provide an impervious barrier that keeps water and oxygen away from the structure.
FRP Construction can provide a complete "turnkey" design-build solution that includes sealed engineering drawings by our in-house engineers, all of the materials needed, and installation by our highly specialized installers. This unique turnkey design-build approach results in significant efficiency, time and cost-savings, and minimizes the potential errors and delays that can result when multiple groups are involved in one project.
Some of the repair and strengthening projects on marine and waterfront sites that can benefit from FRP solutions are:
1. Repair of concrete floors and beams in decks and piers that are damaged by corrosion with minimal disruption of service.
2. Strengthening of concrete or timber floors and beams in decks and piers to carry heavier loads.
3. Strengthening of corrosion-damaged concrete, steel or timber piles with PileMedic® to resist higher loads.
4. Seismic strengthening of concrete, steel and timber structures and submerged piles for enhanced resiliency in case a major earthquake occurs.
5. Repair of corroded seawalls and steel sheet piles with SPiRe®.
6. Pile protection and encasement with cost effective fiberglass jackets.