Hospitals, clinics and healthcare facilities may comprise a variety of structures spread over numerous city blocks. In many cases these healthcare facilities face the same type of infrastructure renovation issues as any municipality.
Repairs with FRP minimize dust and noise that is a major concern for the patients and staff working in a hospital.
Our engineered Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) solutions offer fast, long-lasting and economical repair alternatives to owners, architect/engineers and contractors involved with hospitals to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget and with minimum disruption of service. These systems are particularly ideal when the repairs have to be completed in a short shutdown time frame.
In most cases, our engineers can provide a complete “turnkey” design-build solution that includes sealed engineering drawings by our in-house engineers, all of the materials needed, and installation by one of our approved and certified installers. Our construction company is fully trained and compliant with the safety regulations in hospitals. This unique turnkey design-build approach results in significant efficiency, time and cost-savings, and minimizes the potential errors and delays that can result when multiple groups are involved in one project.
We also welcome the opportunity to partner with owners, architects, engineers and contractors by providing any single aspect of the project, i.e., design, materials, or installation for a specific project.
Some of the repair and strengthening projects in this industry that can benefit from FRP solutions are:
1. Strengthening of floors, beams, columns and walls as a result of change of use in existing buildings, e.g. installing a new MRI machine on upper floors
2. Seismic strengthening of concrete and masonry buildings with PileMedic® to make them more resilient and allow them to remain functional following a major earthquake
3. Repair of corrosion damaged columns, floors, stairways, etc. in parking garages, etc.
4. Repair of corrosion-damaged beams, walls and columns in cooling towers with PileMedic®
5. Repair of underground utility tunnels that are damaged by corrosion
6. Trenchless repair of pipelines with StifPipe® and InfinitPipe®